While you're waiting to begin!!!
While you're waiting for the workshop to begin, there are two tasks for you to complete!!
First, take a minute to take the poll that is located in the sidebar to the right. Once you have taken the poll, check the results. This poll will give us an idea of where we are as we begin. AND this tool might be something you could use in your classroom?? Hmm, think a minute, a poll for your students for a lesson???
Second, I created an account and a blog for you at Blogger. The purpose? Twofold-- This is intended to be a paperless workshop with the exception of the cards you received when you came in. If you're like me, you might like to make some notes so, the plan is that you will maintain your notes in your workshop blogger blog. (Some media center specialists and English teachers do research papers this way with students!). And what's a blogging workshop without you blogging and commenting along the way! You'll have your workshop blog and access to those of your colleagues!!
Discover how easy it is to blog. Mechanics are the least of what this is all about as you'll see! Try out this new tool for learning this morning. Never fear, blogs can be renamed, new URLs created, blogs can be private, and blogs can be deleted. And you've lots of assistance, your colleague on your left, your colleague on your right, and me to name a few.
What to do? Follow the directions below:
- Click on this link which will take you to Blogger.com. . A new window will open so that you can read the directions and complete the task.
- Sign into your account. Your login and password are on the card you received when you arrived.
- Click on your blog name.
- Click on the "settings" tab and use the "basic" screen first.
- You can edit your Blog Title and description if you like.
- When you finish with the settings tab, be sure to click on "save" at the bottom of the screen.
- Then click on republish blog.
- Now click on the "comments" (it's also under the "settings" tab) and be sure to set it so anyone can comment and that word verification is required.
- Click on save and "republish".
- Click on "Template" and then the "new" tab to find a template that you would like.
- Click on "Save" and "republish".
- Click on "View Blog" to check your work.
- Click on "Posting"
- Click on "Edit Post" and edit the first posting I created. You might want to entitle it "Why am I here?" if you're having trouble coming up with a post.
- Click on "Publish Post" and then "View Blog".
You're ready to begin the workshop!!!